3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In San Antonio, TX
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” Spring brings out the desire to fling open the windows and clean out the cobwebs so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in San Antonio to give your home a fresh start.
1. Do A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is one of the best times to make sure all of your home’s systems are ready for the coming summer months. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in San Antonio:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Local HVAC companies may offer this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Replace the batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Replace the caulking as you go. Install window treatments, including plantation shutters, to increase your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open your windows to check that they can easily move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
Nothing makes your house sparkle as well as a good, deep clean. First, declutter each room to open up your home. Then clean areas you don’t scrub every week such as ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Wipe your fixtures until they shine. Vacuum your furniture, and clean under and behind it as well.
Let in more light by cleaning your windows. Wash your screens and windows to get rid of smudges and dust. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate is to use what you already have. Rearrange the furniture to change the room’s look. Or you can shop your house, which means switching out the items you own between rooms. Add more color with new paint, colorful accent pillows, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo the look of a room, then check out our idea gallery for inspiration and ideas. It’s packed with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for any space in your house. Once you’ve chosen colors and the style for your room, you can add matching accessories, paint colors, and furniture.
An easy update for your home is to bring in window treatments that complement your existing décor and brighten your rooms. You can choose from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
Dive into our design tips for more ideas for inspiration. And when you see a look and window treatment that you want, call us at 210-876-0377 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our experts will guide you in finding the best window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.